[NFIMR] Ambient environmental factors related to SIDS?

Abby Bourgeois abourgeois at healthystarthhp.org
Thu Jun 23 14:00:20 EDT 2011

Mary,

I can't speak for all the southern states but as far as I know, I don't
think we've seen any association here in Florida in terms of anything that's
been officially documented. Since environmental toxins/pollutants aren't
typically something that can be seen externally, I think as mentioned
previously a full literature review should be conducted to see if there is
in fact evidence of infant mortality increases when rates of pollutants (in
home and in the community) are higher than normal. Perhaps I will tackle
this issue for my graduate thesis!