[NFIMR] Home Interview Option?

Julie Rother phndirector at NNPHD.ORG
Wed Oct 13 15:18:21 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am new to this list serve and fairly new to the FIMR process.  We have
had a few times already when parents do not want to participate in the
home interview for one reason or another.  This makes getting a complete
picture very difficult and challenges the case review discussion.  When
I explained this to our CRT, one of them made the suggestion that we
possibly offer parents who refuse the home interview the option of
completing the home interview questions on paper (of course the
questions would be adapted appropriately) for the "greater good" and
returning it to us in the mail.  I am curious what others of you, who
have been with the process longer, think of this suggestion.  Thank you
for any feedback you can provide.

Julie Rother, R.N., BSN

Director of Public Health Nursing

Northeast Nebraska Public Health Department

117 W. 3rd St.

Wayne, NE  68787

O: 402-375-2200

O: 800-375-2260