[NFIMR] Special NFIMR Listserv re FLU Broadcast

Kathleen Buckley KBuckley at acog.org
Thu Apr 30 10:08:10 EDT 2009

 Subject:Sebelius, Napolitano, Besser to Host Webcast on 2009 H1N1 Flu, Answers Questions from the American People
 Sebelius, Napolitano, Besser to Host Webcast on 2009 H1N1 Flu, Answers Questions from the American People
 Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Acting Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Rich Besser will host a Webcast to answer questions and provide information directly to the American people regarding the 2009 H1N1 flu on Thursday at 1:00 p.m. EDT. The Webcast can be viewed at www.hhs.gov and www.cdc.gov.
 "At times like this, clear accurate information is one of the most powerful tools we have and we look forward to answering questions and speaking directly to the American people," said Secretary Sebelius. "Our administration believes in using new methods to engage the American people and ensure they can speak directly to their public officials.
This Webcast is an important part of that effort."

"It's imperative that the American people know exactly what their government is doing, and exactly what they can do themselves to mitigate the spread of this virus," said Secretary Napolitano. "Everyone has a part to play in this, and it's important that the lines of communications are open."

Questions for the officials can be submitted by emailing hhsstudio at hhs.gov. Additional information regarding the Webcast is included below.

WHAT:          Webcast regarding 2009 H1N1 flu virus

WHEN:          Thursday, April 30, 2009
               1:00 p.m. EDT

WHERE:       Watch the Webcast live at www.hhs.gov or www.cdc.gov.

Submit questions for the Webcast by emailing hhsstudio at hhs.gov.

Registration for the Webcast is not required.

Please note, you will need Flash (http://www.adobe.com) installed on your computer in order to view the live video stream.  You can test your ability to view the Flash video stream starting at 10 a.m. EDT on Thursday by visiting www.hhs.gov or www.cdc.gov.

 The National Fetal and Infant Mortality Review Program is a partnership between ACOG and federal MCHB.